It’s my first Top Ten Tuesday, you guys, and I can’t wait to join! For those of you who are unfamiliar with this — and to give credit where credit is due — TTT is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. She lists some topics, we all follow, fun is had.
So, to this week’s topic, shall we? Drumroll please….
Books I’ve Read that I’d Like in My Personal Library
Hahahahahaha this would be the one that I start with. Fun facts about me: I have a strange association with borrowing books. I have a friend that believes it’s because I’m really sensitive to other people’s auras. My personal belief is I associate books I’ve read with memories created around that time. So, for example, I read the final Harry Potter book by a lake during summer vacation with my family while they were fishing. And I can’t seem to really do that with borrowed or used books.
Anyway. Moving on to my choices.
- My Favorite Bride by Christina Dodd: Okay to be fair, I really mean her entire Governess Brides series. This is one series I got from the library back when I was an unemployed post-grad who couldn’t afford to buy all the books she was reading. Now I am an employed post-grad who still can’t afford to buy all the books I am reading, but that doesn’t stop me. *shrugs* Plus, it’s so Sound of Music-y that I can’t help but want to own it.
- If We Were Villains by M.L. Rio: Soooo this one was an audiobook that I adored. And sure, I wouldn’t mind re-reading it. But I’m like 99.99% sure the actual reason I want a physical copy is to shove it in the faces of family, friends, and strangers, begging them to read this.
- The Witch Doesn’t Burn in this One by Amanda Lovelace: I had received an eARC of this one last year and I loved it! But I have yet to pick up a physical copy to go with her first book.
- Wild Embers by Nikita Gill: Same with the above *hides face in shame*
- Match Me if You Can by Tiana Smith
- Vengeful by VE Schwab
- The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
- The Royal We by Heather Cocks
- This Mortal Coil by Emily Suvada
I’m probably cheating on the last six, but look — this is hard, okay?! So, the technically the last six are books that I borrowed from the library but never read. For shame, I know!
Despite struggling for the last half, this was fun! I’ll definitely be doing this again, so stay tuned!